As Korea’s economy expanded, so did the demand for good healthcare, and thereby the healthcare industry in the country. The industry’s stature in the Korean economy has also increased, as the Korean government declared it to be one of the three major growth industries in the future.
Because the healthcare industry deals directly with human health, the government imposes strict legal regulations and systematically manages the intellectual property rights. The government has also created a long list of unique legal processes over patents, technology licensing, material licensing, as well consignment of clinical trials. D’LIGHT has been providing legal services to navigate through these complex processes for a wide range of healthcare companies, from start-up bio ventures to leading multinational pharmaceutical companies.
We provide in-depth, comprehensive analysis for the various sectors within the healthcare industry – pharmaceutical, bio, medical devices, digital healthcare, medical care, food, and cosmetics – based on our vast technical knowledge and extensive experience. Our clients seek advice regarding licensing, intellectual property rights, regulatory compliance, M&A, and investments. We are an indispensable guide for our pioneering clients in the healthcare industry.
Detailed Industry Sectors
Key Business Contents
주요 업무 내용
• Advising on licensing in and out, supply and sales contracts, technology and material transfer contracts, clinical trial and research collaboration, consignment contracts, etc.
• Applications for patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights, as well as protection, prevention of infringement, etc.
• Consulting on the drug licensing patent linkage
Approvals, Regulations & Compliance
• Consulting on responding to demands for information by regulatory agencies such as the MFDS, the Ministry of Health and Welfare (the “MHW”), and the National Health Insurance Service (the “NHIS”)
• MFDS: Permit approvals, certifications, reporting, and clinical trials (preclinical, IRB, 1-3 phases), conditional permits, etc.
• MHW and NHIS: Evaluation of new medical technology, registration of national health insurance, insurance benefits list, etc.
• Consulting on compliance with domestic pharmaceutical laws, fair trade and anti-corruption laws, international industry codes, and privacy laws.
• Advising on compliance with regulations on advertisements related to medicine and medical care
• Leading litigations appealing administrative disposition from regulatory agencies
• Consulting on the establishment and operation of medical institutions
M&A, Investments & Corporate Governance
• Consulting for Bio Venture/Healthcare Startup investments as well as funding
• Advising on changing corporate governance, including corporate mergers, acquisitions, splits, and establishment of joint ventures (JVs)